About BCP Charter
Knowledge Lessons Newsletter
- The Battle of City Springs (video)
"The Battle of City Springs" is a video that documents
a one-year period during which the school struggled to implement
the research-based Direct Instruction curriculum in an effort
to improve students' academic performance and behavior.
To order the video, contact BCP.
The cost is $15.00 and includes an Epilogue, as well as
shipping and handling.
- Core Knowledge Foundation
Provides overview of Core Knowledge, resources, etc.
- Effective School Practices Journal (Winter 1995-96)
Describes Project Follow Through and the success of Direct
- Maryland General Assembly
- The Maryland Teachers' Guide - Presented by Baltimore's Child
- Maryland Public Charter School Act of 2003
- National Center to Improve the Tools of Educators
P rovides teachers with information about research-based
practices and strategies for the classroom.
- National Institute for Direct Instruction
The National Institute for Direct Instruction (NIFDI) is
a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to providing school
districts with a solid training program and approach for
the implementation of DI in districts, schools and classrooms.
- Preventing Reading Difficulties Web Site
This is an interesting web site with information about preventing
reading difficulties in young children, on-line resources,
research citations, and a lot of other information helpful
to teachers and parents alike.
COMMUNITY SCHOOLS RESOURCES